||1 month ago|
|data||1 month ago|
|README.md||10 months ago|
|screenshot.png||10 months ago|
A built-from-scratch, 2xRes upscale of Cave Story, intended for community use.
Features of this upscale:
- Base game is 100% complete, from Start Point to end credits, as well as a few (but not all) unused sprites
- Remains faithful to the original art style
- (Hopefully) free of asymmetrical sprites, leftover 1xRes pixels, and other weird inconsistencies seen in the Nicalis upscale
- Compatible with Freeware, CSE2, and Cave Story+
- Made for open community use
Instructions for enabling 2xRes:
Install Clownacy's .DLL mod loader and set sprite_resolution to '2' in /mods/graphics_enhancement/settings.ini
That, or use the Doukutsu2x executable if you somehow have it.
Step 1: Wait for Nicalis to allow CSE2 to exist again
After you have done that: In src/CommonDefines.h, set SPRITE_SCALE to '2', and compile using the instructions in the readme. This define only exists on enhanced branches.
Cave Story+ by default supports 2xRes and should be able to load these spritesheets. Just insert them.